Monday, August 18, 2014

Communication Between Partners

  Having communication is the key in having a solid foundation to raise your baby. It is not always easy to keep the communication open between each other but that is all a part of being human. The more you communicate the happier you will be.

  People have differences and their own opinions, it is not always easy to find common ground when you are in a relationship where a baby is also in the mix. In my own experience I have found it difficult at times to find common ground with my girlfriend when it comes to how we raise our daughter, this comes from the fact that we are two different people and we were raised two different ways. The way you were raised really does have a HUGE impact on the way you would like your own child to be raised, and not only does the way you were raised have this impact, but your life experiences have a part in it as well.

  Each and everyone of us have all been through some sort of situation in our life that has had a big impact on our lives. I never really had an opportunity to establish a relationship with my biological father due to his own actions, but I was blessed by having a step dad there to raise me. He is my dad. My real dad. But this had an impact on me and I find myself striving to be the best dad I can be to my daughter and the best partner to my girlfriend.

  Compromising and finding a middle ground with your partner can really be helpful in raising your child. It will be hard to do this and even to this day in my relationship I still find it hard to compromise with her. The best thing to do is to choose your battles. Your baby watches every little thing you do and babies are like sponges they soak up everything around them. If I am always arguing with my girlfriend my daughter will see this and will eventually start arguing with us.

  Keep communication open, if you feel the urge to argue sit back and remember to choose your battles. If you disagree with your partner don't be quick to argue, instead, sit down and talk it out. If you approach your partner in a passive way 9 times out of 10 they will be more likely to compromise and agree upon a middle ground. Arguments lead to chaos in a home and chaos leads to problems nobody wants to have. Communicate and compromise and you, your partner, and your child will be happy in this journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment